When you have a foundation settlement problem at your home, we realize how disturbing it can be. You may notice one or more sides of your home actually sinking into the earth. A lot of homeowners want to know why they have a sinking foundation problem to begin with. This kind of structural problem is typically caused from the changing soil conditions in the soil around and below your home. Wetting and softening of the soil, as well as drying and shrinking can all cause gaps to form around and under your foundation. Over time, this could cause your foundation walls to actually sink into the earth.
We use Foundation SupportWorks' piers, and these are manufactured from strong, steel materials which will be able to easily be driven into load-bearing strata around your home. These piers will stabilize your foundation walls and provide an opportunity to lift your home back up to the level where it needs to be.
Warning Signs of a Sinking Foundation
If you notice any of the following warning signs of a sinking foundation, you need to get in touch with us immediately:
- Cracks on the home's interior or exterior walls
- Doors, windows, and cabinets don't open or close like they should
- Chimney appears to be pulling away from the home or leaning
- Cracks form along window and door frames inside or outside of the home
Push Pier Installation
Below are the steps we take with push pier installation:
- Excavate Around The Foundation: At each pier location, the foundation is excavated to expose the foundation footing.
- Mount The Foundation Bracket: During installation, heavy duty steel foundation brackets are secured to your foundation's footings.
- Install The Push Piers: Galvanized steel pier sections are hydraulically driven through the bracket to competent soils or bedrock.
- Transfer The Weight: The weight of your home is then carefully transferred from unstable soil conditions through the piers onto load-bearing strata, resulting in the permanent stabilization of your home's foundation.
Feel free to call us for more information about getting push piers installed in your home to take care of your sinking foundation. We look forward to hearing from you soon and helping you to stabilize your failing foundation walls.