Toledo Basement Waterproofing
Being nicknamed "The Glass City," Toledo, OH has a lot to offer residents. It's situated along the Miami and Erie Canal, and is a key position on the railway line between New York and Chicago. The city is well-known for its sports, auto assembly, education, and for its glass industry - where it gets its nickname from.
Homeowners here love their town, and they want to be sure they are doing everything they can to keep up with their property to make sure that their homes help Toledo to look beautiful. However, one problem that continues to plague homes in the area is basement moisture.
How Does Water Get Into My Basement?
Water is able to get into a home in a variety of ways. It can seep in through wall or floor cracks, come up through a clogged floor drain, leak in through a window well, come in through the cove joint (where the wall and floor meet), or it may even drip inside over the top of the foundation because of a yard drainage issue. Regardless of how the water is able to get inside, it's a problem that must be taken care of before it leads to serious damage for the entire home.
Problems Associated With Basement Moisture
When you have water underneath your Toledo home, it can cause a lot of problems, including the following:
- Wood rot to support beams, floor joists, staircases, banisters, or anything you have stored here that is made from wood. Over time, this will cause problems for the structural integrity of your entire home!
- Dangerous mold and mildew growth which can cause your family to experience a variety of serious health problems, including: asthma attacks, respiratory problems, coughing, sneezing, headaches, severe fatigue, skin rashes, and more.
- Decreased property value. Nobody wants to buy a home with moisture problems in the basement!
- Poor indoor air quality. You will constantly be breathing in mold spores and musty air.
- Damage to anything that you may have stored here. This includes family heirlooms, photo albums, sports gear, lawn equipment, holiday decorations, clothes, etc.
- High humidity levels which foster the development of mold and can rot wood. This rotting wood can be attractive to unwanted pests, including termites and roaches.
Basement Waterproofing Solutions
Fortunately, there is a solution to the problem. After a thorough inspection from a Basement Doctor representative, we will be able to determine the best way to go about taking care of the problem so that you never again need to deal with water seeping into your basement and causing damage.
We offer the following types of waterproofing products:
1. WaterGuard: patented, award-winning product that is a special drainage channel into a sump pump.
2. DryTrak: basement water control system which helps to lower the water table around the home and can be used with all types of foundations, including poured, cinder block, and stone.
3. RainChute: ultimate downspout extension product which will ensure that water from your gutters is sent out far away from your foundation where it can't build up and seep into your basement
4. ThermalDry: flooring and wall solutions for homeowners who want to finish their basements.
5. FloodRing: prevents flooding from leaking water heaters.
Contact the Toledo Area's Trusted Waterproofing Contractors
To learn more about getting your leaky basement fixed once and for all, please give us a call today. We are a knowledgeable waterproofing contractor serving Toledo and we will be able to address all of your questions and concerns.