Toledo Crawl Space Repair
Toledo, OH is the 4th largest city in the state behind Columbus, Cincinnati, and Cleveland. It's known as a great area to work, live, and raise a family. It's home to The Peristyle, a famous concert hall that has a Greek Revival style. It's also home to the Toledo Museum of Art and the Symphony Orchestra. With so much to see and do here, it's no wonder why folks are choosing to stay and raise families here.
However, there is one problem that continues to cause problems for homeowners - wet, leaky, humid, and moldy crawl spaces. If your home was built over a crawl space instead of a basement, and you don't have this area sealed off, it's really only a matter of time before you start to notice problems.
Warning Signs of a Wet Crawl Space
If you notice any of the following problems, you need to get in touch with us immediately for an inspection and repair work:
1. Mold or mildew growth. You will notice that the living areas of your home are starting to smell very musty, similar to dirty gym socks.
2. Sagging areas on the first floor. There may be spots on the first floor of your home that feel like they are unlevel or sagging into the crawl space.
3. Rotting wood under the home. If you have noticed termites or roaches in your home, they are attracted to the rotting wood underneath.
4. Increased energy bills. It's difficult to keep a home warm or cool when the crawl space isn't sealed off. Air from the heater and AC unit simply leak right out through the bottom of the home, or hot/cold air can get inside.
5. Noticeable puddles surrounding the crawl space outside the home. If you can physically see water flooding into your crawl space, this is a problem.
Crawl Space Encapsulation
To get rid of these problems, it is recommended that you get crawl space encapsulation work done. This involves sealing the space off from the outside environment so that moisture, humidity, and critters can't get inside and cause problems. The process will involve the installation of vapor barriers, floor liners, sump pumps, dehumidifiers, and spray foam insulation. The insulation will help to keep the first level of your home comfortable by keeping the floor warm or cool. Also, it will help to lower your monthly energy bills by making sure that conditioned air from your HVAC units can't escape out through the crawl space! The entire process can be finished quickly, and we will be sure to address any questions or concerns that you may have along the way in regards to the products we install, or the techniques that we are using.
During the time of the crawl space encapsulation, we can also take care of repairing or replacing any damaged wooden materials. This includes support beams and floor joists that help to support the weight of your family's home. Also, we can get rid of mold which may be causing your home to have very poor indoor air quality.
Contact Us for an Appointment
For more information about what we can do to help you with your crawl space problems, please give us a call today and schedule a time for a consultation.